*These fluffy cinnamon raisin rolls are the perfect Easter brunch recipe, especially paired with a big cup of coffee! Note, this aren’t low-fat, so they are meant to be enjoyed on special occasions! *
You can’t have any holiday brunch without cinnamon rolls . You just can’t. Although we aren’t going home for Easter this year, I’m planning on hosting a very little informal brunch for E and I, complete with mimosas, bacon, eggs and these fluffy cinnamon raisin rolls.
I had the craziest craving for cinnamon rolls last week, like insatiable. All I could think about for two hours were moist, ooey, gooey, cinnamon and icing laden rolls sticking to my fingers. My mouth was literally watering when I thought of taking that first sticky, sweet and moist and fluffy bite. The craving was so bad, I had to to make a big batch of my own. And boy am I glad I did.
- 1 package active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons) I swear by Red Star Yeast
- 1 cup warm (110 degrees F) water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup raisins * (optional)
- Dash of salt