Happy Monday! I have something that will brighten up your Monday morning.
Oh hey there sexy little whole wheat cinnamon roll. How you doin?
These bad boys staring before you are not your average Cinnabon. No, no. These deliciously soft, ooey, gooey masterpieces are ones that you can enjoy WITHOUT guilt. Or a 15 mile treadmill session. Or having to unbutton your pants in public. No, no friends. This cinnamon roll is one you can ENJOY without ANY regret!
I was saying that last paragraph in my “TV infomercial voice” in case you were curious. I was startled awake at 4am in the worst circumstances…a sick dog. Ew. So, I apologize if I’m more wacky than usual. At least I made you these, that makes up for something, right?
- 1 cup fat free milk, warmed (100 – 110 degrees F)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar + 1 tablespoon
- 1 package active dry, quick rising yeast
- 2 3/4 – 3 cups whole wheat flour
- Dash of salt
- 1 organic egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice (can use regular cinnamon if you want)