I tweeted about this recipe a few weeks ago and just never got the chance to post it. I blame Vegas, because the week leading up to my bachelorette involved a whole lot of working, working out and packing. Not much time for blogging, unfortunately. Now that I’m back and feeling stellar, it’s time to share the super easy recipe for caramelized onions and spicy open faced turkey burgers!
However, I must tell you, this is not your typical turkey burger. I added some crushed red pepper, garlic and onions into the meat goo blob [as my fiancée calls it] to really give the meat a standout flavor.
- 1 pound of 92% fat free ground turkey, defrosted
- 2 cups of chopped mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped [1/4 cup set aside]
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of crushed red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Whole-grain English muffins
- Dashes of salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce