Perfect way to start the day, if you ask me!
- Perfect way to start the day, if you ask me!
- I woke up yesterday, like I do every Sunday, with the urge to make something wonderful. I opened my refrigerator to find 3 eggs, 5 pieces of whole wheat bread, 1 cup of milk and some random produce. Sadly, my pantry wasn’t looking much better. After a failed attempt to make pancakes (rough Saturday), I was also down to 1/2 cup of flour and 1/3 cup of regular sugar. What can one make that is sweet, delicious but still light with the ingredients at hand? Only took a second before French toast came to mind! French toast is delicious, incredibly easy and can be quite healthy, all you have to do is alter how you eat it. Instead of cooking your pieces in oil, try cooking spray. Trade your butter and full-sugar syrup for 1 tsp of powdered sugar and honey. At a mere 140 calories and 5 grams of fat, you can afford to have more than just one piece! Note: If you are a syrup lover, use a low-sugar, low-calorie variety, like Mrs. Butterworth’s sugar-free, low calorie syrup, which has only 35 calories in 1/4 a cup!
- Whole Wheat French Toast
- What You’ll Need:
- Light Whole Wheat bread
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup of skim or 1% milk
- Cooking spray
- 1 tsp of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of honey OR sugar free syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract