This super chocolatey cake tastes like a decadent fudge brownie and is the perfect size for a small family gathering. It tastes especially good the next day, after the flavors have had a chance to meld. In fact, it’s so rich, it’s best served with a simple dollop of Homemade Whipped Cream or scoop of vanilla ice cream.
However, for those frosting-lovers out there, simply forego sprinkling the top of the batter with additional chocolate chips, and instead top the cooled cake with my delicious Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting.
- 1 cup organic coconut flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 tbsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened fair trade cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup fair trade chocolate chips (65% cacao or higher)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup warm filtered water
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Optional: Additional dark chocolate chips to sprinkle on top