The recreation of my favorite restaurant appetizer – Baked Goat Cheese Marinara Dip!
There was a pizza place a couple blocks away from our apartment in the city called Homeslice. It was my favorite restaurant to hang out with friends – great artisan pizzas with a variety of ingredients and fun names, cute outdoor space, and my all time favorite appetizer – Baked Goat Cheese Marinara Dip. After moving out of the city and away from Homeslice, I found myself missing that Baked Goat Cheese Marinara Dip. It’s that good! So I decided to make a fast and simple version at home, and it was delicious!
- 1 8 oz log goat cheese, softened
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- ¼ c fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- ½ tsp ground black pepper (optional)
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning (optional)
- ¼ tsp kosher or sea salt (optional)