I’m not ready.
Starbucks recently released their Pumpkin Spice Latte. This morning I listened to news reports that claimed flu shots are available early this year. Well you know what?! I am not ready to let go of summer just yet.
Yes, I complain of the heat and the dehydrating temperatures, but I am not ready to give up sandals, warm nights, and beach trips just yet.
I want to hold on to summer just a minute longer. I want to continue eating summer fruits and veggies. I want to be able to make these strawberry scones for another couple of weeks.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into small cubes, chilled
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 heaping cup of chopped strawberries
- heavy cream, for brushing
- turbinado sugar, for sprinkling