I do love a good bowl of chilli, especially now that the days are colder and the evenings are getting darker. It’s nice to cosy up with a warm bowl of nutritious, delicious food before settling down for the night.
Beef is something we eat only occasionally in our house. Whenever we do have it, I like to make sure that I use organic/grass fed beef. Buying a higher quality meat is more expensive so when we do buy it I always try to make the meal stretch to feed us for at least two days. Lentils, beans and extra veggies do a great job at making our meals go further.
- 1 teaspoon Oil of choice I used coconut oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 500 grams Organic Beef
- 2 Garlic Cloves finely grated/minced
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Puree
- 3 Tablespoons Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder/Granuals
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder/Granuals
- 1/4 teaspoon Mild Chilli Powder or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 2 tins Chopped Tomatoes
- 200 ml Water
- 150 grams Sweetcorn I used frozen, thawed.
- 1 tin Kidney Beans drained and rinsed