Spaghetti Bolognese, a ‘Great British Classic’ right? I’d bet money on it being most kids favourite dinner. It was mine when I was younger and its my boys favourite dinner too.
I’ve always made my bolognese from scratch, it works out a lot cheaper and it tastes so much better. This Clean Eating Turkey Bolognese is twice as healthy with the substitution of beef mince to lean turkey mince. It’s light and tasty and lets face it, it’s bolognese! – Everyone will love it!
If you haven’t tried turkey mince yet, you must! It’s the perfect Clean Eating lean (animal) protein and it’s pretty inexpensive too. I like to use turkey breast mince when I’m making bolognese or chilli, but if I make turkey burgers or meatballs I usually use leg/thigh mince.
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion finely diced
- 1 Celery Stalk finely diced
- 500 grams Turkey Mince
- 2 large Garlic Cloves minced/finely grated
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano or 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder/Granuals
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder/Granuals
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 2x390 gram catons Chopped Tomatoes