Saturday mornings were made for enjoying special breakfasts. Weekday mornings are often busy and rushed in our house so I really enjoy a lazy Saturday morning feast.
These breakfast beans are the latest craze in our house. They are delicious and filling and make a wonderful grain free meal. I like to eat mine with scrambled eggs topped with fresh parsley and crumbled feta cheese. Delicious!
Feel free to add or take away any of the vegetables, you could add any dried or fresh herbs or some chilli powder or paprika for a little extra kick. Peppers and courgette would work great in it too.
- 1/2 teaspoon Oil of choice I used coconut oil
- 3 Mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 small Red Onion sliced
- 1/2 Garlic Clove
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Puree
- 4 Tablespoons Water
- 100 grams Cherry Tomtoes (halved) or 1 large diced tomato.
- 1 pinch Fine Sea Salt
- 400 gram tin Haricot Beans drained and rinsed (I used Biona Haricot Beans)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley to serve (optional)
- 1-2 Tablespoon Feta Cheese to serve (optional)