Turkey Tacos are a favourite in our house and now that I have my Clean Eating Tortilla Wrap recipe I have an extra reason to make Mexican for dinner.
This recipe came about years ago when we had some leftover taco mince in the fridge. It was just me and my big boy home for dinner and I wasnt sure how the turkey would reheat in a pan on its own (we don’t own a microwave and I guess that I didnt think to add water… duh!) so I added a sachet of salsa to it and heated it up. It was amazing – not quite clean, but super tasty! Now that I have found a clean salsa on the market I was excited to make this again, except not out of leftovers but from scratch.
- 1 teaspoon Oil of choice I used Avocado Oil
- 1 Onion finely diced
- 500 grams Turkey Breast Mince
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 4 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder/Granuals
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder/Granuals
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Mild Chilli Powder or more if you like it hotter
- 200 grams Clean Salsa I use Clives brand
- 100 ml Water