I think Strawberry shortcake is my favorite dessert.
There. I said it.
I don’t like to commit to favorite dessert proclamations – to hard to narrow it down. But seeing as I’m always craving a strawberry shortcake and any time a special dessert is required(like this past mother’s day), strawberry shortcake shows up, I think it’s safe to say that it’s possibly top of the list.
This past mother’s day, strawberry shortcake was in the plans and we were at my in-laws. Their lilac bushes were so full and fragrant, I decided to make a lilac syrup with them. That ended up coating the strawberries that graced the shortcake and a new favorite was born: strawberry shortcake with lilac syrup-soaked berries. Subtle, fragrant, and HEAVEN.
- 4 Cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Cold Unsalted Butter, cubed
- 1 quart Heavy Whipping Cream, whipped to stiff peaks(sweeten, if desired)
- 1 pound Fresh Strawberries, sliced horizontally
- Lilac Syrup (recipe is one post back)