A scrumptious, easy and traditional Saskatoon pie recipe that my family has been baking for 4 generations.
- 4 cups of Saskatoon berries
- ½ cup of white sugar
- 1 tsp extra white sugar
- 2½ tbsp cornstarch
- pie crust for one 9 inch pie
- 1 egg for brushing the top
- Option #1 - add 2 tbsp chilled, diced butter on top of the Saskatoons before placing the top crust. If you want to make it vegan, omit butter and egg & use all vegetable based crust, very easy.
- Option #2 - use crushed Tapioca/Minute Tapioca instead of cornstarch! This was my Grandma's trick sometimes to change it up. Delish!
- Option #3 - add in tbsp of lemon zest