Portobello Cranberry and Wine Brick Roast for Shabbat/and or your Rosh Hashanah and Jewish Holiday Menu:
This recipe was inspired by The Kosher Palette Cookbook. The recipe is so easy to put together on a Friday morning for Shabbat. When the sauce ingredients are simmered together, you would never know that there is a can of cranberry sauce in there- but that coupled with the cooking wine gives it unbelievable flavor! I love when an unexpected guest rings the bell on a Friday afternoon and they say how good the house smells!!! When you make this roast- it will be one of those days!!! If you are more of a brisket roast hostess, please comment below with brisket roast tips for this recipe.
Please let me know how you like it! Marlene
p.s.- I didnt have time to snap a pic of the finished roast before Shabbat started, but I managed to snap a pic as it was sliding into the oven.
Kosher Brick Roast Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 cup Marsala cooking wine (my sister in law used half Kesser wine and it came out great)
- 1 cup of Imagine or Passover chicken broth
- 1 can of whole or jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary (my sister in law didn’t have rosemary and it turned out great)
- One 4 0r 5 lb brick roast
- 4 portobello mushrooms sliced