Start Planning your sweet Jewish New Year menu now with this Maple sweetened holiday chicken- a proven winner on the dinner table!
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbs veg oil
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 unpeeled garlic cloves
- ½ tsp red hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 6 chicken thighs
- - In a pitcher or bowl, whisk together apple cider, maple syrup, oil, and soy sauce. Add star anise, cinnamon stick, garlic and hot pepper.
- - In a large freezer bag or bowl, add chicken. Pour the cider mixture over and seal bag or cover bowl. Refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days.
- - Remove marinated mixture from fridge and heat oven to 400 deg. Pour contents of bag or bowl (including liquid) into a large roasting pan. Turn chicken skin side up.
- - Roast chicken about 1 hour leaving chicken skin side up until cooked.
- by Marie Torgueman
- Related articles
- Pistachio Stuffed Dates for Rosh Hashanah (thejewishhostess.com)
- Stuffed Eggplant Skins Roasted with Chicken and Eggplant Slices for Rosh Hashanah (thejewishhostess.com)
- Rosh Hashanah Ground Lamb on a Cinnamon Stick by Debbie Gindi (thejewishhostess.com)
- Rosh Hashanah Cubed Fruit Salad with Pomegranate and Crystalized Sugar (thejewishhostess.com)
- Easy Linguine with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Olives & Lemon (thejewishhostess.com)
- Rosh Hashanah Pomegranate Sangria (thejewishhostess.com)