This entry is part 16 of 379 in the series Chocolate Mondays
Sometimes you just need a cookie, and when the urge hits, these rich and decadent Dark Chocolate Bourbon Crackle Cookies will really hit the spot!
Delicate with a crunchy exterior and soft, almost creamy centers, these are elegant and perfect for afternoon teas or finishing a lovely dinner with an espresso. Surprisingly light, it is hard not to eat one after another. That’s why David Lebovitz, their creator, called them “crack” cookies. You can find the original recipe in his cookbook, Ready for Dessert – a must have for your cookbook library!
- 8 oz (225g) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tbsp (45g) unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp bourbon, coffee, or vodka (add 1/2 tsp brown sugar with the vodka; see note above)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher or fine sea salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (65g) granulated sugar
- Extra granulated sugar, for coating the cookies
- Confectioners' sugar for coating the cookies, optional