By contributing writer Tessa
Crunchy and satisfying, this flavorful Thai Cabbage Slaw will brighten any warm weather meal!
To make this slaw a complete meal, it is great topped with some grilled chicken (My Vietnamese Grilled Chicken is awesome on this), or some fried fish. For a vegetarian option, you could include some edamame or fried tofu chunks.
I marvel how far my taste buds have come. As a child, I had a woefully poor diet and couldn’t stand ANY vegetable! Now, if you ask my children what my favorite food is, they always say, “salad!” So I hold out hope that my children will one day love these veggies as much as I do.
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (or tamari, or gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass paste (can use finely diced lemongrass as well, the soft white inner part only)
- 1 clove garlic
- 8 drops stevia, or 2 teaspoons honey or palm sugar
- Sriracha to taste ( I add about a tablespoon)
- 10 ounce bag of pre-shredded cabbage or slaw mix
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into bite sized pieces