By contributing writer Tessa
I always loved lemon poppy seed cake growing up. That version required a boxed mix. Since that option was out, I opted for a denser texture with this Gluten-Free Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake.
This cake screams Easter and spring to me, and while tasty on its own, here a few dress up ideas for you:
I shared half with my neighbor and decided to stack two halves with lemon curd in between and a lemon coconut butter drizzle on top…yum!! For the drizzle, I mixed my homemade coconut butter, lemon zest, and stevia to taste.
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 cup softened coconut oil, palm shortening, or favorite butter
- 1 cup any milk, curdled with lemon juice (above) or ½ cup plain yogurt (I used coconut milk yogurt) mixed with ½ cup any milk
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- ¾ cup tapioca flour (or any starch)