These Caprese Triscuit Bites have some of my favorite flavors all in one bite. A Triscuit cracker is topped with pesto, tomatoes, and mozzarella. Light and fresh!
Sometimes the simplest foods are the tastiest. Caprese salad is no exception. I love the classic version of it but my husband is a little sensitive to basil. He can’t handle a lot of it straight up which is why I went with pesto on these Caprese Triscuit Crackers. I have to thank my mother-in-law for helping me on this one. There were four of us in the kitchen trying to figure out the best version of a bite sized Caprese appetizer and her inner food stylist came out. Who said March Madness food can’t be pretty?
- 12 Triscuit Balsamic Vinegar & Basil Crackers
- ⅓ cup basil pesto
- 12 small squares of mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices of Roma tomatoes
- 12 small fresh mozzarella balls (also called Bocconcini)
- (optional) balsamic vinegar