If you are going to warm up with one drink this winter make it comforting Spiked Mulled Apple Cider full of warm spices and a hint of orange.
I’m officially deeming it hot beverage season. The words winter weather warnings and polar vortex have come out of my mouth too many times to mention and it’s not even technically winter yet.
It’s not right I tell you, not right! I’m so not ready for another winter like last year. Between the snow and the extreme cold I felt like I squirreled away inside my apartment for 4 months only to emerge to leave for work.
- 12 ounces local apple cider
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 strips orange zest
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 whole star anise
- ½ teaspoon whole clove
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon grated cardamom
- 3 ounces liquor of choice: Bourbon, Apple Brandy or Spiced Rum