The table is set, the turkey is roasting and now it’s time for stuffing or technically dressing! Whatever you call it, just make sure your version this year is Maple Sausage Cornbread Stuffing – where it’s a little sweet, a little spicy and perfect with a drizzle of pan gravy on top.
Thanksgiving is only a week away!
Are you ready? Is your menu set? The turkey ordered? Pie crusts made?
For some people the biggest eating holiday of the year is all about the main event, the big bird. I get it, a nice fresh roasted turkey might not happen often in some families, so it’s a special treat to dive right into that perfectly cooked bird (we hope but more on how to make a great turkey later this week).
- 1lb hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium leek, white parts only, cleaned and sliced
- 4 cups crumbled day-old cornbread, toasted
- 1 large apple, cored and cut into ½ inch dice
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1½ - 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed