Impress Dad this Father’s Day by taking over the grill and wowing him with spicy and fruity Barbecue Chicken with Pinot Noir Blueberry Sauce.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
I was a pretty lucky kid, I didn’t grow up with just one good cook in the house, I grew up with 2 and sometimes up to 5 if my brothers were around. Like all Dads out there, he grilled but also made the best scrambled eggs, picked out perfect produce every time (carved some seriously awesome watermelons), and was the one in charge of latke making during Chanukah.
- 3lbs assorted chicken bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces, thighs, legs or breasts
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- ½ tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup Pinot Noir - such as Gallo Family Vineyards
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper