Amp up grilling season with this mildly spicy Hatch Chile Cheeseburger.
How? I mean really how is it possible that after 3 years of blogging I have never presented you with a burger recipe?
I mean seriously, this is just a lack judgement on my part. How can I deny you all that is meaty, juicy, bubbling with cheese and stacked with toppings galore?
It’s just wrong I tell you.
Especially because this is one of those things that I make at home a few times a month.
Shame on me, but not shame on you because just in time for grilling season to start you are going to get one awesome burger.
- 1½ pounds grass-fed beef or organic short rib blend ground beef
- kosher salt
- 4 ounces shredded extra sharp cheddar
- 8 roasted hatch chiles, seeds and stems removed (optional for the seeds)
- 1 medium vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- grapeseed or canola oil
- 6 pretzel or potato rolls