Roasted Fingerling and Asparagus Potato Salad makes a great mayonnaise-free salad to enjoy at all your outdoor bbq’s and picnics this summer!
This post is sponsored by the Idaho Potato Commission. All opinions are my own.
The first smell of charcoal and hot dogs, that’s how I know grilling season has arrived. When you walk through Prospect Park, big groups of friends of families camp out early in the day for the prime picnic tables under the trees and next to one of the many free grills that the city has to offer. Sometimes they bring their own, with coolers full of meat, vegetables, drinks and salads. It takes a lot of resistance not to want to jump in and join the party. I mean, who can say no to that charred burger or plate of potato salad?
- 1lb assorted Idaho® fingerling potatoes, halved and quartered
- ½lb asparagus, tough ends removed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- grapeseed or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- chopped chives for garnish