Kick off watermelon and grilling season with this refreshing Grilled Watermelon and Halloumi Farro Salad.
Memorial Day is just around the corner and do you know what that means?
Break out the white shoes and pants!
Oooh, I’m just teasing, I don’t own white pants. I cook and have a dog, they’d be dirty before I walked out the door.
No. Memorial Day means break out the grills and the watermelons! How can you not associate watermelons with summer? Just picture Baby in Dirty Dancing carrying that giant melon into the staff party. How about that first bite of a giant slice on a hot day with juice dripping down everywhere?
- 1 cup semi-pearled or whole farro, cooked
- juice from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 to 1½ cups cubed watermelon
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- grapeseed or canola oil
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- balsamic vinegar