Homemade mint ice cream spiked with Baileys Irish Cream makes for a fun St. Patrick’s Day dessert when added to a pint of Guinness drizzled with chocolate sauce. Make a batch of Baileys Mint Ice Cream and Chocolate Stout Floats for your celebration.
It ain’t easy being green, especially if you’re a felt frog who becomes alive thanks to a puppeteer [ed. aside: sorry I’m reading Jim Henson’s bio right now, I couldn’t help myself]. It is easy being green when you’re a fruit, vegetable, or food dyed to be green for a certain holiday.
- 1 12oz bottle Guinness Extra Stout
- 1½ tablespoons chocolate sauce (store bought or homemade)
- 2 scoops Baileys Mint Ice Cream (recipe to follow)
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1½ tablespoons peppermint extract
- ⅛ teaspoon green gel dye