Chambord Margarita Macarons are a fun way to celebrate National Margarita Day in cookie form. Spiked with tequila and chambord liqueur, these macarons are for grown ups only!
Did you know that every day of the year is some sort of food holiday? Come on, name a food or drink, I guarantee I will find out what day during the year that is dedicated to it.
I’m not exactly sure how a food becomes a holiday but it does and some of them can be a lot of fun. Take today for instance, it’s National Margarita Day! This holiday even has its own website dedicated to it! Seeing how much we food bloggers love to craft cocktails and put our cocktail ingredients into savory and sweet nibbles, Heather from girlichef gathered a bunch of us together for a margarita party!
- 100 grams egg whites, room temperature
- 30 grams granulated white sugar
- 200 grams confectioners sugar
- 120 grams almond meal
- gel food coloring of your choice (I used a combination of pink, yellow and green for this shade)
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- ½ tablespoon Chambord