Still looking for last minute gift ideas? Why not make M&M and Pretzel Cookie Bars to ship off to friends and family.
Despite this past weekend being my birthday weekend, somehow I managed to spend the majority of it in the kitchen instead of relaxing and letting someone else do the work. If I told you how much butter, sugar and flour I went through your jaw would probably hit the floor. It’s a good thing I have plenty of friends and co-workers that love sweets because I want these out of my house!
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 medium size bag Milk Chocolate M&M Candies
- Tiny twist pretzels