Have you ever wanted to make beef wellington but didn’t want to go through the expense and time and not have it come out perfectly? What if I told you there was a way to enjoy this dish in little bite sized pieces at half the price and time?
What if I told you this method was even better than the original because they are. . . wait for it. . .
That’s correct you crazy kids (or am I the crazy one?), I made meatball wellington and it is the most delicious little perfect nibble of meatball you can put in your mouth (that’s what she said!!! )
- 1 box (17.3 oz) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 8ozs white button mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed
- 1 shallot
- 4ozs proscuiotto, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water