Steak Salad with Creamy Horseradish Dressing
Cheesy Garlic Bread
With quite a bit of steak leftover from dinner last night, I am composing it into a simple salad for dinner tonight. Not only do I have leftover steaks, but I also have half a pan of these yummy treats. Cue the easy Sunday dinner for me!
These treats are the love child of a traditional Rice Krispies treat and the classic New England sandwich made with peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. There's the obvious sticky, gooey, crunchy texture of the traditional recipe, but then there is the salty and nutty flavor from the trio of peanut butter chips, peanut butter, and chopped peanuts.
The recipe calls for an 8-inch square pan, but you can easily double the recipe and press the mixture into a 9-x13-inch rectangular pan, as I did last night.
makes an 8-inch square pan
- 5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup peanut butter chips, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mini-marshmallows
- 1 Tablespoon creamy peanut butter