This Chicken Tortilla Soup is flavorful and easy to make with the help of a slow cooker! Garnish with baked tortilla strips and avocado chunks for an extra punch of flavor!
I’m so pleased to be sharing this recipe with your today! This scrumptious bowl of chicken tortilla soup is a recipe my friend Sarah from The Magical Slow Cooker created for her first cookbook, Recipes For Busy Moms, The Magical Slow Cooker! I read cookbooks like a great novel paging through each recipe as I look at all the delicious recipes, and like a good story, I couldn’t put this book down until I got through each page!
- 1 (32 ounce) box chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (10.75 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño, minced
- 1½ pounds chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro and extra for topping
- cheese, avocados for topping each serving
- Baked tortilla Chips cut in strips