Quinoa with Fire Roasted Tomatoes is a quick and flavorful gluten-free source of protein, iron, and fiber.
Quinoa is a perfect companion to any meat or fish main dish, and when you start layering it with a variety of flavors, this dish transforms into a satisfying meal that can stand on its own.
As well as being a super-duper healthy whole grain, quinoa is extremely versatile and can be made with the same concept of fried-rice; toss in whatever ingredients you happen to have on hand and you’ll have one tasty meal!
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- 1½ Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 14½ ounce can fire roasted tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 3 large bell peppers, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed and steamed
- Tortilla Chips of your choice