Rich, fudgy brownies are spread with lightly minted marshmallow creme, then sprinkled with crushed Thin Mints. What’s that you say? Over the top? I can’t hear you.
Sometimes we get together with Eric’s out-of-state siblings (on a Google hangout) and play board games. We were playing Scattergories the other day when I caught Eric writing something down after the buzzer had gone off. “CHEATER!!!!” I yelled as loud as I could and we all started verbally abusing him.
He looked at me with puppy dog eyes and earnestly said in an undertone, “I was writing you a note Karen…”
- 3/4 cup (1 and 1/4 sticks) salted butter
- 1 and 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 (7oz) jar marshmallow creme
- 1/8 teaspoon (or less) peppermint extract
- 10 drops green food coloring
- 15 thin mints or mint Oreos, roughly chopped