This is an easy Tejano version of the classic Carne Guisada (Stewed Beef), a recipe that has been passed down for several generations. Made on the stove or in the slow cooker, this meat is perfect for tacos, burrito bowls, salad, etc. Or pick it all out of the pot with your fingers, I’m not gonna judge.
Brushing toddler’s teeth really ought to be given an honorary-Olympic-event title. I’m not saying it should BE an Olympic event, because no sane person with children really wants to relive those kind of memories.
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 pounds cheap steak or roast, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped well
- 3 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 or 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons good quality beef bullion
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin