A poke cake infused with champagne and cherry, all topped with white chocolate cherries dipped in gold glitter! This would be perfect for New Year’s Eve!
I just googled “who invented the poke cake” because I want to thank them! What did google give me?
‘Poke Cake’ doesn’t have it’s own wiki page and you can’t define it in google, but urban dictionary has a definition for jello poke cake!! Apparently the idea of the poke cake originated around 1969 as a way to increase jello sales. Lucky for them, it worked, and we’re still hooked on the idea of the poke cake today!
- 1 box white cake mix, plus ingredients on back of box, replace the water with champagne
- 1 box cherry flavored jello mix, 3 oz
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 container cool whip, thawed
- cherries, 16-20 or one for each piece of cake
- 1-2 squares white chocolate candiquik, depending on how my cherries you’re dipping
- 1 tsp vegetable shortening
- 1-2 containers gold glitter sprinkles