Baked chocolate donuts infused with peppermint flavor, topped with white chocolate and crushed candy canes.
I should have pulled my sleeping bag out of the closet and unrolled it in the kitchen this week. I might have been sleeping on top of christmas sprinkles and mini chocolate chips, but I wouldn’t have to look far for breakfast! Ha, just kidding.. I will not eat the sprinkles and chocolate chips off my floor.. that’s what mice as for. Just kidding again :)
We are swimming in christmas cookies! My husband and I have been busy baking like a couple of Santa’s elves, but I am so SO thankful he volunteered to help me. There is only so much one person can do when you need to unwrap 80 hershey kisses, roll cookie dough, switch the pans in the oven and box up cookies. So if we weren’t busy enough baking cookies, I decided to whip up a batch of donuts too!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 3 tbsp vegetable/canola oil
- 2 squares of vanilla candiquik
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable shortening
- 3-4 candy canes, crushed (I like to put them in a ziploc bag and use my rolling pin to crush them)