Adapted from Macaroni and Cheesecake.
I don't know about y'all but I have a serious weakness for Chinese food! I crave it all the time, could probably eat it almost everyday happily. However the chances of me actually having Chinese is incredibly rare. Generally I get it when my Mother In Law starts craving it and I convince her to take me to lunch. ;-) lol! Anyway, since I don't get this delicious take out very often I have started trying to make my own. I've successfully made Sweet and Sour Chicken, and Orange Chicken that we love and recently I decided to try my hand at another classic... Bourbon Chicken!
- 4-5 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray (or 1 tbsp. olive oil)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup apple juice, or orange juice
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- Cornstarch Slurry:
- 1 Tablespooon cornstarch/1 Tablespoon water (optional)