This is the type of food I like to eat in the summer. Light and fresh, and easy to prepare.
We do eat a lot of chicken in this house. It's such a versatile meat and goes with just about anything. I always have boneless chicken breasts in the freezer. Just perfect for this delicious chicken recipe. I have adapted it from the Betty Crocker website.
It always turns out moist and delicious, and let's face it . . . chicken breasts are so very easy to get wrong. I hate dried out chicken breasts . . . cardboard is every bit as palatable . . .
- It always turns out moist and delicious, and let's face it . . . chicken breasts are so very easy to get wrong. I hate dried out chicken breasts . . . cardboard is every bit as palatable . . .
- These are always moist and delicious, easy to make and perfect for eating cold with salads, or hot . . . as you like. They are great both ways. The chicken is dipped in buttermilk and then rolled in a tasty coating and baked just until golden brown on the outsides, yet still moist inside. These are fabulous! You can also do chicken tenders in this way. Just cut the baking time down!
- Oven Fried Picnic Chicken
- Printable Recipe
- A tasty and easy way to prepare chicken to bring with you on picnics or for those summer evenings when you want something tasty to serve with your salad! Adapted from a recipe found on the Betty Crocker site.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and dried
- 1/3 cup of buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cornflakes
- 1/2 cup of Bisquick biscuit mix, or plain flour
- 1 package of dry ranch dressing mix
- (you can also use a substitution noted at bottom of recipe)
- low fat cooking spray oil