Be sure to “like” this blog’s Facebook page, and follow the photo trail on Twitter and Instagram.
Just a few days ago, I shared a recipe for these sweet, orange-flavored macaroons. After the sugar high, it’s time to even things out with something ever so savory. I flipped through my copy of The Little Vegan Cookbook recently sent to me by Quarto Publishing Group. Though small in size, the book features 500 plant-based recipes from a number of contributors. Those coconut orange cookies were delicious, and I felt like a second test from the book would be just as good. After marking several options, I settled on this recipe for a layered potato tart.
- 3 pounds (1.36 kg) red potatoes, unpeeled and thinly sliced (about ⅛" inch or 3 mm)
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary, plus extra for garnish
- 1 large leek, white and green parts only, rinsed well and thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for preparing the pan and drizzling