Be sure to “like” this blog’s Facebook page, and follow the photo trail on Twitter and Instagram.
Just a few days ago, I shared a spicy, rusty red, creamy muhammara sauce as an accompaniment for Alexia Foods’ brand new Organic Savory Spice Sweet Potato Fries. Savory Spice is a code name for Moroccan, friends, which is right up my alley. I made a quick mention of the brand’s second new flavor–Truffle Fries–which are also made with organic skin-on potatoes and verified non-gmo. Although these fries are seasoned with Italian black summer truffles, I felt more inspired by a French dish for a dipping sauce to serve alongside. Truffles pair quite well with shallots and garlic, so why not start there.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brandy, optional
- 1 cup vegetable broth, divided
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 thyme sprigs, whole
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish