Last week I read an article on how much sleep you really need. I mean, I know that we all need a good nights rest; eight being that magic number, but this article gave me renewed inspiration. There were lots of great points in the article, and I vowed I was really going to try to get to bed early.
It always starts with good intentions. Night one, I was in bed by 10:30pm.
Next night, a little later.
By the third night, I was going to bed LATER than I normally do. Still tired from the night before, that next night I decided to make these beauties.
- 1 cup Rogue Mocha Porter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Kerrygold Unsalted Butter, melted
- ¾ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups Cake Flour, sifted
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1½ teaspoons Baking Soda
- ¾ teaspoons Salt
- 2 Eggs
- ⅔ cup Sour Cream
- 8 ounces Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Chocolate Bar, roughly chopped
- ⅔ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Kerrygold Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3 Tablespoons Jameson’s Irish Whiskey
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ cup Kerrygold Unsalted Butter, softened
- ¼ cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 7 Drops Green Food Coloring (optional)