This tasty Indonesian-influenced dish comes together in 30 minutes. The flavors of peanuts, coconut, chili, garlic and ginger beautifully meld to create a sauce that is rich, comforting and deeply satisfying.
We recently had some family over from out of town at the last minute’s notice and I wanted to serve up something for dinner that would be fuss-free and quick. Just that day I had picked up my order of fresh chicken breasts from Zaycon Fresh I hadn’t packaged and frozen it yet and so I wanted to make something with chicken.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece ginger root, minced
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar (paleo: omit)
- 14 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Chopped roasted peanuts for garnish (optional)