Delicious crispy brown, oven-roasted potatoes with a five-spice Indian seasoning blend.
- 4 large Russet potatoes (about 3 lbs), cut into 1 inch chunks (if leaving the peels on, scrub thoroughly first)
- 3-4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2-3 tablespoons panch phoron (see below)
- Panch Phoron (Indian Five Spice Blend)
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon nigella seeds (also called black cumin or kalonji)
- 1½ teaspoons fenugreek seeds
- Combine the seeds and store in an airtight jar.