Truth….when it comes to tacos (especially fish tacos), I’m a chronic taco overstuffer. Every.single.time. I should know better by now. But I don’t. It’s not likely I ever will.
Instead of going lighter with the filling, I’ve just taken to doubling up on tortillas to make a stronger taco. And, when you have tacos that involve lightly spiced, chili-rubbed fish, tangy pickled radishes, slices of cool avocado, sweet corn, fresh cilantro, and just a small hint of lime juice, how do you back down on the fillings?!
- 6 radishes, sliced thin & cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound tilapia (or other white fish)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted &sliced thin
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 limes, quarter, for garnish