I’ve had this Winter Squash Coconut Curry sitting on the back burner for way too long. Like, a few months too long.
The only upside of taking so long to share this easy weeknight dinner with you is that I’ve been making it over and over, and tweaking it here and there every time. So now, there’s nothing more I’d change. It’s pretty much perfect the way it is.
And, since old man winter doesn’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon, now seems like a good time to send a warm, cozy dinner your way.
- 1 medium (2-3 pound) butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons red Thai curry paste
- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups baby spinach
- chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)