I remember the exact moment like it was yesterday.
My body was firmly positioned in the middle of a driveway watching my friends play basketball. I was about 10-years old. I was wearing Keds. And I’m pretty sure my long brown hair was securely fastened in a side ponytail complete with a bright neon scrunchie (you’ve got to love the eighties).
While everyone was dribbling around trying to toss the ball into the net, I just stood there.
Eating a peach.
It wasn’t just any old peach. This fuzzy, thin-skinned beauty stopped me dead in my tracks. The flavor was beyond sweet, and bite after bite the golden, syrupy nectar just dripped down my arms!
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- a few thinly sliced red onions
- 4 large handfuls or baby arugula (I used baby mustard greens as well)
- large handful of Parmesan shavings