I have the unfortunate ability to remember every meal that I’ve ever eaten.
It’s a curse really. I’m not sure how or when it all started (I blame genetics), but my brain is riddled with recipes. If I’ve ever dined with you, chances are I will remember what you ate too. Going back almost 7 years ago now, I had a version of this salad at a restaurant. It was so good. All it took was a bag of pita chips to trigger my memory and then this little creation was born.
For the base, I’m using fat asparagus stalks. They’re perfect for grilling and I prefer these to the skinny ones. It’s still too cold to grill outside, so I used my trusty old griddle pan to get the job done. That char-grilled flavor is worth smoking out the kitchen.
- ¼ c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ garlic clove
- ½ c. olive oil
- 1 bunch medium- fat asparagus stalks
- 1x 14 oz. can of chickpeas
- ½ c. diced roasted peppers (I used red + yellow)
- ¾ c. fresh mozzarella 'pearls' or whole mozzarella diced
- olive oil
- salt + pepper
- 2 handfuls of pita chips (I used Stacy's brand)
- ½ c. crumbled goat cheese