For me, winter is a rough season.
Snow, bitter wind, schlepping toddlers around in puffy winter gear that’s impossible to fit into car seats- no thanks. I’ll take one of those hammocks in a palm tree any day.
But if there’s one thing that excites me about winter, it’s the abundance of seasonal citrus fruit. That would be Meyer lemons, blood oranges and kumquats to name a few. So you can only imagine my excitement when I sampled a pink orange for the first time. Yeah, that’s right, a pink orange.
- ½ c. slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 leftover chicken breasts (preferably grilled)
- 2 Cara Cara oranges
- 4 handfuls of mixed greens, washed & spun dry
- 3 tbsp. white miso
- ¼ garlic clove
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. mirin
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup vegetable or mild olive oil
- 2 tbsp. water