The word ‘Liver’ can make people shudder, images of slimy innards and the strong scent that it omits.
- But this Chicken Liver Pate recipe is a game changer, resulting in a smooth, creamy spread touched with the elegance of Brandy.
- I love Chicken Liver Pate on an Oatcake with a bit of Cranberry relish and a glass of Port, and it makes the ideal evening Movie time nibble.
- This is a perfect edible gift this Christmas and can be enjoyed as a starter, as part of a Cheeseboard, or as a nibble while entertaining guests.
- Chicken Liver Pate (makes 6-8 100g jars)
- 500g Chicken Livers
- 3 small Shallots (finely diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (finely diced)
- 140g real Butter – soft
- 100ml Brandy
- ½ tsp Dijon Mustard
- A couple of Sage leaves (finely chopped)
- 100g Butter
- Pink or Black Peppercorns/Bay leaf/Rosemary/Petals