If the sound of vegetarian pasta doesn’t thrill your kids—or you, for that matter—just add cheese. Cheddar, that is. While this humble cheese may not make its way into authentic Italian fare, nothing says you can’t enjoy its golden gooey goodness in a scrumptious pasta dish loaded with fresh veggies.
It’s simple, easy, and deliciously cheesy. And did we mention loaded with vegetables?
- 7 oz rotini
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 small zucchinis, chopped
- 8 oz button or crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 oz snow peas, trimmed and cut diagonally in half
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese